Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Free Book for Three Days, and Upcoming Events

Champion in the Darkness will be free for three days this week for kindle, starting today.

This is the last time in 2014 that Champion in the Darkness will be free.

After this, I'm going to take it off Kindle Select and put it back up at other vendors like Smashwords and Nook.

Why now?

Next week, Champion in Flight will officially be released! I'm hoping that a few readers will pick up Champion in the Darkness, and look for the next book right away.

Champion in Flight is completely formatted and available for pre-sale orders at Smashwords.

Release date: June 2nd!!!

Until then, the first book in The Champion Trilogy, Champion in the Darkness is free from May 27th through May 31st!

Book 1: Champion in the Darkness
Clara’s ready to become a master swordswoman. When she goes to meet with longtime mentor Dantor, Clara is told she's destined to become the Champion, a fabled hero who arises in a time of need. Confused by this claim, Clara isn't sure she's ready to be a Champion.
Whether Clara is ready or not, the evil Kalidess has wormed her way into Septily's court.
Clara is aided by another mentor, Stelia, whose knowledge of their enemy is both a bane and a blessing. As evil threatens their land, Clara and Stelia must find the strength to overcome the darkness.
Free today through May 29th for Kindle!
To help promote on twitter:
 #freekindlebooks "Fast-paced fantasy with a message!" Champion in the Darkness http://amzn.to/TTwptM
 
Book 2 Champion in Flight
A year after she won the battle for Septily, Clara feels trapped in Skycliff by the Allied Council. As the last pieces of information about the Healing Caves fall into place, Clara is attacked by an assassin. Covert Drinaii mercenaries and the Council aren’t going to stop Clara from her quest to heal her broken blade. As Champion of Aramatir, she must act.
 
Meanwhile, in the joint kingdoms of Rrysorria and Wylandria, the youngest and still cursed swan prince despairs of ever being whole again. In a moment of anger and desperation, Liam discovers a blood link between him and a dark sorceress.
 
Clara won the battle for Septily, but her battle isn’t over.
 
 Release Date: June 2nd!           Available for pre-order at Smashwords!
 
And, if you are interested, I would love to have help with promoting Champion in Flight with Flight Fest, or any release month buzz. Please either comment below or e-mail me if you are interested in helping out.
 
And for those of you who are interested in the homeschool post I hinted at last week, I apologize, but I will be postponing it until mid-June. Until then, look for Flight Fest, Celebrate, the Goals post, some news about Miss Jack Lewis Baillot's latest book, and IWSG.  (And The Sunflower Blogger)

What's on your plate for the end of May and beginning of June? Are you ready for a goals update? Have a post already written for IWSG? Know Jack? Ready for Champion in Flight?
 
 
 
 

28 comments:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Best of luck with the new release! I'll have to give your freebie a shout out.

Barbara Watson said...

All best with your release! Seems like a smart plan offering the first free before the second releases.

cleemckenzie said...

Good strategy. Hope you'll post about your results. I know a lot of us are always looking for promotions that work. Here's to that next book. I'll be sure to post or tweet or whatever you need.

Jack said...

I am really enjoying Champion in Flight! So far it is everything I was expecting.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on your book release. I'm looking to get blog posts scheduled and take care of other things I need to do.

Angela Brown said...

Three cheers for all the progress you're making. I shared about your great freebie at FB :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You know I'll help where I can! And of course I know Jack.

Cherie Reich said...

Sounds like a great way to promote book two by giving away book one for a little while! Congrats!

Nick Wilford said...

Good idea! I picked up Champion in the Darkness just at the weekend. Look forward to reading both! And happy to help with the buzz. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your upcoming release! I have no idea how all that Kindle Select/Smashwords stuff works, but it sounds like you're a pro.

Tammy Theriault said...

I download my copy and can't wait to crack it open! or more like hit the screen... :D

Unknown said...

Hope this is a successful strategy-- now off to download a copy. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Barbara! I hope so. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, C. Lee! I appreciate your help and support, and I will try to post on whether or not it works . . . I'm not sure yet. 63 free ebooks are out there as of this morning, but I don't know what that will mean for sales of the second book.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Jack! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Natalie! You are amazing!

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! Now I need to head out and tweet about it.

M Pax said...

I tweeted you earlier, but will tweet you again. Go, Tyrean!

Christine Rains said...

I just tweeted, and I'm definitely interested in Flight Fest. Please send the info along. Woot!

Unknown said...

Looks like a good book. Nice to see the price. I am sure the readers will enjoy it. Thanks for sharing such a great offer.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats Tyrean! How exciting! ALL the best with your release!

I know Jack... Congrats to her as well!

Hardly ready for the IWSG.... I usually write those the night before. LOL. My post today has a bit of angst, lol. I wonder if that counts. LOL.

SK Anthony said...

Congratulations, Tyrean! And best of luck with the release. :D

Heather R. Holden said...

What a fantastic deal this week! And Champion in Flight will be out as soon as June 2nd? Wow! Congrats, and good luck! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sometimes I write my IWSG in advance and then throw it out. This time I have an idea that I think will stick around until then.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks! And yes, I've been fiddling with small changes for a while now . . . so it's ready.

Wedding location said...

Big thanks to t heir manager and staff! We were continually delighted by the cordiality and responsiveness of the staff, from the earliest planning stages through the actual day.