Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Catch Fire! CassaFire



Yesterday marked the official release date of Alex J. Cavanaugh's novel, CassaFire. I'm sorry I missed posting yesterday, but it was a day that I felt very needed . . . by my kids, by friends, and by my parents . . .my phone rang constantly, homeschool lesson seemed tough, and I was extremely thankful for the time I had to write last night so I focused on my own novel.

Catch Fire! is awesome celebration that includes blog hopping for Alex, prizes, and awesome bloggers giving Alex the credit he deserves. 

Alex is an encouraging blog buddy for many, and a writer who's work focuses on relationships in the midst of adventure. Both of his books, CassaStar and CassaFire, show us what brotherly love really looks like in action.

Here's the official blurb for CassaFire:

CassaFire
by Alex J. Cavanaugh

CassaStar was just the beginning…

The Vindicarn War is a distant memory and Byron’s days of piloting Cosbolt fighters are over. He has kept the promise he made to his fallen mentor and friend - to probe space on an exploration vessel. Shuttle work is dull, but it’s a free and solitary existence. The senior officer is content with his life aboard the Rennather.

The detection of alien ruins sends the exploration ship to the distant planet of Tgren. If their scientists can decipher the language, they can unlock the secrets of this device. Is it a key to the Tgren’s civilization or a weapon of unimaginable power? Tensions mount as their new allies are suspicious of the Cassan’s technology and strange mental abilities.

To complicate matters, the Tgrens are showing signs of mental powers themselves; the strongest of which belongs to a pilot named Athee, a woman whose skills rival Byron’s unique abilities. Forced to train her mind and further develop her flying aptitude, he finds his patience strained. Add a reluctant friendship with a young scientist, and he feels invaded on every level. All Byron wanted was his privacy…

And here's the awesome book trailer:

Because Amazon likes to surprise their customers with early releases, I managed to get my copy of CassaFire for my Kindle a few days early, and I'll be posting a review at Amazon and Goodreads later today. If you don't know Alex, and you haven't read his books, go meet him at his blog and read his books. You'll be impressed. Follow these links:
Alex J. Cavanaugh and CassaFire at Amazon

7 comments:

Emily R. King said...

Congrats to Alex!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey, time with your family is important! Thanks so much, Tyrean. I appreciate all of the support.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Emily - Ditto!

Alex - Agreed! Family time is important! And the support is deserved.

Empty Nest Insider said...

You certainly have your hands full, but you sound like a successful multi-tasker! Congrats to Alex! Tyrean, thanks for taking the time to visit me, and I hope to see more of you! Julie

Tyrean Martinson said...

Empty Nest Insider - Thanks! I hope to see more of you too.

Golden Eagle said...

Hooray for Alex! :)

Yadin Bromberg said...

Amazing post!!! I made one just like it for Alex. I'm kinda new to the community and I would really appreciate it if you went and checked my blog out at yadinbromberg.blogspot.com and followed me.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
-Yadin