Wednesday, March 16, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 289 and 290

Giving thanks and praise for:

1. Restful days, and good books. (the silver lining in sickness)

2. Board games played while sick. Is my family the only one that does marathon board games with sick kids?

3. Keeping the temperature down for my youngest daughter . . . success so far.

4. A cat who thinks it is her job to cuddle the sickness away from sick family members, and yet instincively knew that when my husband was sick that he is an anti-cuddler while feverish.

5. Fever-induced conversations are always interesting. When my youngest daughter started saying some strange things, I knew to take her temperature again. Sure enough, high fever, and time to take medicine.

6. Mega pots of noodle soup. Today is day 6 of family illness, and we are on our second pot of homemade rice noodle soup, with a quinoa variety for me.

7. Distracting books, like John Taylor Gatto's Weapons of Mass Instruction. Gatto was an award-winning teacher for 30 years, and now, he tries to get people to think about the difference between schooling and education. Reminds me of a philosophy of education class I was required to take to become an educator. Good for a distraction, at least in moments when I don't have a headache.

8. Daffodils.

9. Cherry Blossoms

10. Tulip buds, just peeking open with color.

11. Wet dirt that allows weeds to be pulled with ease. I did some front door gardening today, determined to get some fresh air, even if I am sick.

12. Nations Foundation Promo Video is a great video to watch, to see the kinds of cool mission minded stuff going on in the world today.

13. Grab Bag is a fun video that showcases several Christian musicians goofing off in a hallway, with great music style.

14. Our Naturopathic Doctor likes to laugh, and is great with my kids.

15. Friends ran the Lenten worship tonight.

16. My youngest daughter's Pirate folder she made for Ships Ahoy - a co-op class that is spending the year learning about the age of exploration, and navigation.

17. My hubby went to the store for me. Much thankfulness.

18. Having a retired missionary as part of our church.

19. Willing, and able helpers.

20. The Lord comforts us.

Scripture Blessings:

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

4 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

I hope you all feel better soon!

The Words Crafter said...

Wow, that's a whole lotta sickness going on! I, too, hope and pray everyone is well quickly.

My mom had a tradition that I still do for my husband, myself, and friends n family when possible: chicken noodle soup, banana popsicles, and coloring books n crayons.

And my family loves board games! We get terribly competitive and have a blast.

Karen Lange said...

Blessings abound, it seems, even when we forget to look for them. Hope you are all on your feet before you know it!
:)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers!