Wednesday, October 20, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 144

Wednesday Blessings and Thankfulness:

1. Feeling the "I want to be better" kind of crankiness that I usually associate with almost being well.

2. Cleaning my house just a few minutes at a time. Stomach flu still does not want me on my feet for more than 20 minutes. But hey, I've never liked cleaning house for more than 15 minutes anyway.

3. My kids "got" their math today.

4. Little squashes on my table brighten my day.

5. Glittering painted wooden pumpkin crafts. Glitter glue is fun.

6. Blue paint on the bathroom walls. "We're under the sea!" My oldest daughter exclaimed, and then we all started singing.

7. Tomorrow we will have a toilet upstairs! This might be TMI, but we've been down to one for over a month, and we're ready to have two in the house again.

8. Slow but steady progress on the upstairs bathroom. The laundry room downstairs is done, and a bit of ceiling that needed to be sheetrocked and painted downstairs is done. This old house is looking a little brighter and prettier today.

9. Brooms are lighter than vacuums, and sweeping is doable in 15 minute swoops. I'm so glad that most of our floors are pretend wood and not carpet.

10. Signed up for NaNoWriMo yesterday while feverish, but today I've decided I'm going to make it work. However, I hope it's ok that I'm using NaNoWriMo to kickstart The Crystal Sword again. I got stuck a few weeks ago, battled doubt, fear and frutration, took it back to the outline and character sketch stage again, and I plan to use NaNoWriMo to restart and finish it. I know I'll have to polish it after that, but I would really love to sit down and write it from start to finish with a clear outline in mind and within 30 days. Oh, I hope it works.

11. God's plans are eternal.

Scripture Blessings:
"While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!'
When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. But Jesus came and touched them. 'Get up,' he said. 'Don't be afraid. When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus."
Matthew 16:5-8

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I wholeheartedly agree with # 1. I was really sick last week and still on the mend. Feeling cranky because I'm in the in-between is one of the best things ever!

CONGRATULATIONS on joining NaNo. I'm on there too, we can be writing buddies, I'm MelissaWideen - just search me and add me so I can add you back.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Melissa!

C. N. Nevets said...

Jealous of those pretend wood floors. If we weren't renting, I would be all over those!

Anonymous said...

I must always remember #11.
And congrats on taking up the challenge of NaNo. I look forward to reading your gratitudes during that project, too.