Friday, October 1, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 125

365 Days of Blessings, 125
Random Thankfulness

1. God gives us eyes to see.

2. The blind cat I know, is always determined to be in constant contact with the people she likes. If she hears you, she reaches out her paw, jumps into your arms expecting you to hold her, and burrows her head under your chin.

3. I've heard that scientists have proven that we dream in black and white, and yet I know my dreams are in colors brighter than the ones I normally see.

4. My youngest went to a pickle party - a pickle birthday party, and came home with a jar of yummy treats to be served up on Thanksgiving!

5. My oldest went to a movie with a friend, and her friend's mom.

6. Water is on for the weekend . . . plumbing mainly is done, except the washer and dryer aren't hooked up yet and the upstairs bath is still in progress. Still, one functioning bathroom is better than none.

6. I made pizza, cupcakes, did a little homeschooling, had a meeting with the Pastor of our church to choose stewardship curriculum for Sunday School, dropped both of my kids off for special events, went to a bookstore and only bought a pen, a postcard and a cup of tea after perusing bookshelves for a half hour, oh and went to the store, brought all of our homeschool stuff back home from my parents' house, played super Mario Kart with my kids and lost repeatedly, and somewhere in there had time to write a bit, do a little plotting, and now finish this post.

7. Husband played softball, and that always makes him happy.

8. We have plans to get a new cell-phone soon, very soon.

9. Hershey kisses.

10. Nerf guns . . . they aren't just for the kids.

Scripture Blessings:

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
Psalm 34:8


Currently Reading: The Cry of the Icemark, The Red Pyramid, A Writer's Book of Days, The Bible, and Amazing Grace, along with assorted homeschool books . . . too many to name.

No comments: