Friday, June 25, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 27

365 Days of Blessings, Day 27

1. The Old Testament and the New Testament.

2. God is just, and keeps his promises from age to age.

3. Jesus sacrificed himself, as the perfect sacrificial lamb for our/my sins.

4. Our judgment is not God's judgment.

5. My mom's prayers. She has written a beautiful one recently.

6. Psalm 139 . . . I have it memorized, and it keeps coming up lately. I happened across it in my daughter's Bible. My mom read it this morning, and read it aloud on our 2 mile walk. I think God is trying to tell me something.

7. My husband's listening ears.

8. Encouragement for my fiction writing from a friend of my daughters. She asked me yesterday, "Have you written more on that 'Crystal Sword' story? I really liked it."

9. Shakespeare websites, books, and resources. I've been delving into different areas to prepare for a class I'm teaching next year at home school co-op.

10. Christian men and women who pray, work, and serve the children and families at our church, and throughout the world.


Psalm 139 (21st Century King James Version)


O LORD, Thou hast searched me and known me.

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising; Thou understandest my thought afar off.


Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.


For there is not a word on my tongue, but lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether.


Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid Thine hand upon me.


Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.


Where shall I go from Thy Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Thy presence?


If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there.


If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,


even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me.


If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me," even the night shall be light about me.


Yea, the darkness hideth not from Thee, but the night shineth as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee.


For Thou hast possessed my reins. Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.


I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well.


My substance was not hid from Thee when I was made in secret, and intricately wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.


Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuity were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them.


How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!


If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with Thee.


Surely, Thou wilt slay the wicked, O God. Depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.


For they speak against Thee wickedly, and Thine enemies take Thy name in vain.


Do I not hate them, O LORD, that hate Thee? And am I not grieved with those that rise up against Thee?


I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them mine enemies.


Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts.


And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


I have a hard time with the "perfect hatred" part, but I do feel that way when I encounter a news story about violent criminals who have committed crimes that seem inhuman and disgusting, so I understand it then. I am thankful that God is our judge, and not mankind/womankind.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Nice psalm. You are very blessed. I actually wrote a short story called "The Wings of Morning" based on those verses: If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me.